Knees for You Homepage      Contact Patricia Walter

Author Topic: Help  (Read 9360 times)

arthurjames

• View Profile
Re: Help
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:19:03 AM »
@patman10 , I'm sorry to know about the surgeries. Hope you are doing well now.. Please give us an update about your health.
OrthoTexas, Frisco

pwalter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Surface Hippy
Re: Help
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:48 PM »
Hi

I am sorry to hear about your surgeries.  That is a terrible situation to have 3 in 5 years.  I am pretty much an expert in hip resurfacing, but many of those top surgeons also do knees.  I would suggest Dr. Su of NY.  He is one of the best in the US for resurfacing and doing revisions of other surgeons errors for hips.  I am sure he also does knees.  Surgeons that do hip resurfacing are much more skilled than those regular ones that just do THRs.  I would suggest contacting him and if he can't help you, ask him who he would recommend.  There are several that I know of, but they are out west.  Here is his info:

Dr. Edwin Su
1300 Hip Resurfacings to date
Hospital for Special Surgery
River Terrace
519 East 72nd Street, Suite 203
New York, NY 10021
212-606-1128
877-606-1555 (toll-free)
Dr. Su's Website

You can see Dr. Boettner has done a lot fewer resurfacings.  I can't tell you about his knees, but again, the really skilled resurfacing surgeons are very, very skilled.

Friedrich Boettner, MD - BHR trained 2006
120 Hip Resurfacings to date***
Hospital for Special Surgery
535 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
Tel. 212-774-2127
Fax. 212-774-2286
Hospital for Special Surgery Website

patman10

• View Profile
Help
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
I need help! I have had 3 TKR in the last 5 years, the last one almost 3 years ago and each time it gets worse. My present replacement has left me in so much pain I can't get by with out pain killers and even then I'm limited. My surgeon sent me for a 2nd opinion and he said not to get any more surgeries, but that isn't helping me the pain increases on a daily basis. I am looking for a great doctor, not just a good one. The surgeon I'm seeing now is a Professor at Syracuse Hospital & University with a great rating. I now am looking for a surgeon in NYC and after my research I've come up with this list for surgeons that do revisions. What I need to know is anyone familiar with these surgeons and what do they think f them.
Dr. Friedrich Boettner, Dr. Douglas Padgett, Dr. Thomas Wickiewicz, Dr. Steven Harwin and Dr. Jacob Rozbruch. These are all highly rated Orthopedic Surgeons but I've heard that about all my past surgeons.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk